Looking for scholarships? Try our NEW Scholarship Match tool
Tuesday 13 September 2016
TAI’s new scholarships match tool is now live and ready for you to use. With more functionalities to come at the end of the year, we have launched this part ahead of schedule so that it can help students planning for studies in 2017.
The Scholarship Match tool will help you:
- Easily find scholarships you are eligible for as you plan your studies in 2017
- Explore the financial support available to you as you work out what you want to study, and where.
By answering 9 simple questions, you’ll get a tailored return set of scholarship opportunities (based on your answers). Currently there are over 800 scholarships in our database, which are either available only to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students, or where these students are specifically encouraged to apply.
What are we working on?
Over the last 7 years, TAI’s Indigenous Scholarships team has been researching and creating useful tools and resources to raise the awareness of scholarship opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. We have identified some of the difficulties students experience when searching and applying for scholarships and we’ve been working on innovative solutions to address these problems.
At theaspirationinitiative.com.au we are creating an online community for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students where you will be able to read about the many inspirational stories of academic role models, and easily access scholarships and other information about university.
The Scholarships Match tool is part of a bigger project aiming to:
- Simplify and streamline the scholarship application process for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Connect scholarship providers with more eligible candidates
- Facilitate the maximum uptake of scholarships throughout Australia and secure better financial support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander university students.
The full site is still being developed, and more functionalities and improvements will go live at the end of 2016. These include:
- the ability to securely save your searches with an email username and password
- the capacity to create and save different scenarios, to compare and contrast scholarship opportunities to study at different institutions (across Australia) and for various areas of study (to help you make informed decisions)
- a secure, central place for you to record information and save the documents which are often required for scholarship applications
- the ability to send this information to scholarship administrators in order to apply for scholarships (this functionality will grow over 2017), or be redirected to the right place to apply.
Since the project is still a work in progress, your feedback will inform the future developments and improvements of the project. So please get in contact, we would love to hear what you have to say!
This project is possible because of the generous support of the Australian Government through the Department of Education and Training, the Eureka Benevolent Foundation and the Sir James McNeill Trust.
The Aurora Education Foundation’s vision is to see Indigenous Australians realising their full academic potential by changing the dominant narrative in Indigenous education to one of high expectations and possibilities.