Connecting scholarship opportunities and resources for Indigenous students
Tuesday 22 December 2015
Throughout the course of 2015 the TAI Indigenous Scholarships Team:
- Published more than 750 scholarship opportunities
- Had around 60,000 visitors coming to our TAI website (a 22% increase from previous year).
- Attended community engagement events, conferences and forums to promote scholarship opportunities with the wider community, some of these included: Yabun Festival, University of Canberra Orientation week, NCSEHE Equity scholarships provision forum, Aboriginal members conference, breaking the barriers forum on Firts in family Students in Higher Education, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health workers conference.
- Responded to over 217 web enquiries, with over 100 students enquiring after scholarship opportunities to match their studies.
- Prepared around 30 Scholarship packages for TAI- Academic Enrichment program students, intending to commence their tertiary studies in 2016.
- Completed the scope and research to develope the Single Scholarship Application Project.This project involves creating an online solution to match ( in an automated way) Indigenous students to scholarships they are potentially eligible for, within the context of a culturally safe online community.
- Commenced our building and testing phase of the Single Application Project and have been working hard to clean and update our scholarship database to prepare for the first phase of testing which we are looking forward to completing in early 2016.
- Entered an agreement with Department of Defence to deliver the Defence Indigenous University Sponsorship Program (DIUSP). The service requirements included the promotion and allocation of 20 scholarships to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking tertiary study and university entry/pathway courses.
We succesfully allocated all 20 scholarships to students all around Australia from a variety of degrees including, Global studies, Law, Business, Engineeering, Political science, Medicine among others.