Do you have what it takes to be a CEO for a Day?
Friday 30 January 2015
If you’re an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian, this is your chance to experience being CEO for a Day.
GenerationOne will fly you from wherever you are in the country to learn from one of Australia’s top business leaders. Each CEO will take you through a normal day running a great Australian company and offer mentoring and advice about your own business path.
What some of last year’s winners said about their experiences:
- "I had a huge life-changing experience by spending the day with AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou and learnt more in a day than I thought possible" - Michael Yunupingu
- "We have a responsibility for future indigenous people coming through to show non indigenous peoples that we are just as capable, dedicated and reliable as the next person and deserve a fair go". - Rosli Wheelock
Make sure your entry is in by 5pm on 15 February 2015. Applications will be judged by a panel of Indigenous leaders and the winners will be announced before the end of February.
“There are more Indigenous students completing school than ever before, and more students going on to University than ever before. Indigenous people are leading the way in many professions and careers, and we want our people to lead the way in the boardrooms across Australia…
To become the CEO of one of Australia’s large successful corporations should not be wishful thinking. It should be known to all Australians – Indigenous or not – that with hard work there are no limits to success” – Jeremy Donovan, CEO of GenerationOne.
2015 winner will spend a day with one of the following CEOs learning what it takes to make it to the very top of Australian business.
- Clinton Wolf – Indigenous Construction Resources Group (ICRG)
- Phil Chronican - ANZ bank
- Fiona Berkin - Morris Corporation
- Tracy Adams - BoysTown
- Chris Sutherland - Programmed
- Gillon McLachlan - AFL
- Jennifer Westacott - Business Council of Australia (BCA)
- David Thodey - Telstra
- Ian Narev - Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- Cate Sydes - Marist Youth Care
- Barry Felstead - Crown, Australian Resorts
- Annette Carey - Linfox
How to Apply
To enter, simply write in 200 words or less, how being a CEO for a Day could help on your career journey, and some of the steps you have already taken to achieve your dream. It doesn’t matter how big or small the steps are – every step is a step towards your dream career.
Click here to access the online application process, it takes only minutes and could lead to ambitious career seekers learning the ropes from some of Australia’s leading CEOs in the banking, construction, mining, sport, retail and telecommunications industries.
For more information contact GenerationOne: email@example.com