The Aspiration Initiative Website
Wednesday 29 October 2014
Our new Aspiration Initiative video is out and we would love you to help us spread the word! Please share this video on social media if you know people who could benefit from the programs and resources we have, or who would like to know more about the work that we do and are interested in supporting our programs.
We want this website to connect Indigenous students to opportunities available to support them to study at university, such as scholarships, pathway programs, and useful resources from our own research and from other organisations and initiatives.
In 2015 we are commencing a project to build a single scholarship application form for Indigenous students. We are excited about this project increasing Indigenous students’ access to scholarship opportunities by making the application process easier.
Over the next few months, we also aim to increase links to the useful resources available on the website and to get your feedback regarding information you found helpful, or ideas about resources you would like to see on this space. Please feel free to contact us at any time with your feedback or suggestions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Aspiration Initiative – what we do:
- TAI's Academic Enrichment Program for Indigenous students - a pioneering, 5½ year pilot program for high school students in NSW, Victoria and WA.
- Indigenous Scholarships Guidebooks – (these publications have now moved into our web format) the Indigenous students' guide to postgraduate scholarships in Australia and overseas (2010) (Postgraduate Guide), and the Indigenous students' guide to undergraduate scholarships in Australia (2011) (Undergraduate Guide).
- The Indigenous Scholarships Website /Searchable Database and Resources - detailing tertiary and other scholarships, resources around going to Uni, how to get a scholarship and monthly e-newsletter.
- Aurora Indigenous Scholars International Study Tour - an annual opportunity for a number of high performing students and graduates to visit leading universities in the UK and US.
- International Sholarships- scholarship opportunities for graduates to study overseas through the Charlie Perkins Scholarship Trust and Roberta Sykes Indigenous Education