UTS: - Jumbunna programs available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
Monday 21 July 2014
PROGRAMS FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Available for New South Wales High School students years 10, 11 and 12
- When: Thursday 18 September 2014 (9:30 am – 2:30 pm)
Students can choose to take part in lectures and workshops across a variety of UTS faculties, meet Indigenous students currently studying at UTS, learn about alternative pathways into uni and future career possibilities that university study can lead to.
For more Information on how to apply:
Tel: 02 9514 1902
- Available for High School students years 10 and 11.
- When: 12th – 23rd January 2015.
The purpose of this program is to motivate students who need extra skills to gain entry into university.
During these intensive two-week summer school programs, students can gain an insight into the areas of creative design, health, engineering and information technologies, science investigations, media production and business.
How to apply?
The online enrolment form will be available from 14th July – 19th September 2014 at:
Students will be asked to provide preferences for which program they would like to take part in and every effort will be made to ensure they receive their first or second preference.
UTS Equity and Diversity Unit
Tel: 02 9514 1084
Video -highlights from the program held in January 2014
PROGRAMS FOR HIGH SCHOOL LEAVERS, MATURE AGE, TAFE STUDENTS etc..
Want to Study but you don't know where to start?
For students who feel they are ready to start uni but don’t have the ATAR.
This might be the option for you if you are a current school leaver (with or without ATAR), recent school leaver, mature age student or TAFE student.
- Specialised assistance and guidance
- Individual and small group tuition
- Starting your coursework straight away
For students who can see the benefits of going to university but need a little extra assistance in becoming university ready.
This might be the option for you if you are: a mature age student, finishing TAFE, have not completed year 12 or have completed year 12 without ATAR.
- Access to services and benefits that all UTS students receive
- Faculty-based elective subjects that allow credits towards your degree
- Individual, group and class tuition
For students who are unsure if they are ready for university.
This might be the option for you if you are a mature age student, TAFE student, have not completed year 12, completed year 12 without ATAR.
- Choose one of seven streams of study ( Engineering, Arts, Social Science, Business, Physical Science and more)
- 12 months of training
- After completion of a diploma program you enter 2nd year of coursework