Roberta Sykes Scholarship Featured
- be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and be accepted as such by the community in which they live or have lived
- hold an Undergraduate degree with strong performance
- be accepted into a Postgraduate coursework or research degree at an overseas university
- be able to demonstrate that they have or will have sufficient funds to support themselves during the course of their Postgraduate study, such as through another scholarship, private sponsorship or personal funds
- be able to demonstrate that their studies will be of benefit to their community upon their return to Australia.
- academic merit
- financial need
- applicants past and future contributions to Indigenous communities and to Australia more generally.
Applications for the Roberta Sykes Fellowships are reviewed, and candidates interviewed, at each board meeting of the Roberta Sykes Indigenous Education Foundation.
The deadlines to submit applications in 2016 are as follows:
8 February 2016
4 April 2016
6 June 2016
25 July 2016
26 September 2016
Your Fellowship application will only be reviewed by the Board if you have been accepted in to a recognised overseas academic institution to carry out postgraduate research as part of your postgraduate program in Australia. You should submit your application to the Foundation while you await the outcome of your university application, or contact the Trust if you require further information.