Mary MacKillop Foundation Indigenous Tertiary Scholarship Program: Full Scholarship
Full Scholarship – full amount of HECS-HELP/course fees, plus $3,000 per year towards living expenses for duration of course. Applicants must have completed one year of study towards qualification.
(Living expenses include rent, electricity and utilities, stationery and books.
Scholarships are reviewed at the end of each year subject to academic results)
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Have successfully completed one year of study towards their qualification when the 2016 year begins.
- Be enrolled full time with a recognised Australian higher education provider, such as university, college or TAFE
Applications will be assessed by the Scholarships Committee and awarded based on the following criteria:
- Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are studying their first tertiary qualification
- Do not hold any other scholarships
- Financial need
- Involvement in community
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Submit progress reports, including academic results, each semester/trimester.
- Submit HECS-HELP/course invoices each semester/trimester.
- Nominate a Mentor or Supervisor from their education provider who they must meet with on a regular basis each semester/trimester for the duration of the qualification.
- Provide Mary MacKillop Foundation with digital media to be used for promotional purposes.
- Join Mary MacKillop Foundation Scholars & Alumni Group.
- Represent the Mary MacKillop Foundation at an event each year, promoting the good work of the Foundation.