RACP President's Indigenous Congress Prize
The purpose of this initiative is to:
• Provide an educational opportunity
• Network with peers and meet influential healthcare professionals
• Develop an awareness of career opportunities as a physician and the activities of the RACP
• Raise awareness of the work being done by the RACP to help Close the Gap and achieve
equitable access to health and better outcomes for Indigenous people
• Support an understanding of the health of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Māori peoples
The Prize will support a medical student, junior medical officer or trainee physician to attend the RACP Congress 2017, which takes place from 8 to 10 May in Melbourne.
Return economy airfares from your nearest capital city to Adelaide.
Accommodation at a hotel nominated by the Congress Managers (3 nights)
Full Trainee Registration (4 days) or Medical Student Registration (4 days)
- Applicants must identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or Maori descent
- Applicants must be studying, researching or working in a field of medicine, medical science or medical education at an undergraduate, postgraduate or trainee level.
- Applicants are required to complete the application form and provide a written submission (approximately 300-500 words) as to what benefit(s) attending the RACP Congress would provide. This should include aspects such as:
• Current and future commitment to indigenous activities
• Interest in pursuing a career interacting with indigenous people
• Interest in pursuing training with the College
• Relevance to current stage of training or medical career.
- Applicants are required to provide two letters of reference supporting their application. These may be of a medical or cultural nature.
- Applicants must provide a current CV (up to three pages).
pplications will be assessed by a selection panel including ollege Fellows and invited Indigenous representation.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by end April, following the decision of the selection panel.
Application forms and supporting documentation are to be submitted by the applicant in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.