The Minoru Hokari Scholarship for Fieldwork
The scholarship, planned for award annually when funds are sufficient, is intended to assist a postgraduate student to conduct fieldwork or related research in Australian Indigenous history.
To be eligible for consideration for the Minoru Hokari Scholarship, applicants meet the following requirements:
- be currently enrolled, at the time of application and remain enrolled during the tenure of the scholarship, in a postgraduate research based program at any University; or
- have successfully completed a postgraduate research based program at any University in the past three years.
The Committee will take into account the:
- the merit of the proposed project;
- the applicant's ability to conduct appropriate fieldwork with Indigenous Australians; and
- the applicant's more general scholarly potential.